Bonjour! Welcome back! I’m so very pleased to be writing here again. It’s been nearly 2 years (which is complete insanity), and boy have I missed it. At the time we were dealing with facing not having more children (biologically) and it was nice to get away. But I quickly realized I just needed a vacation rather than a real new start. So here we are. If you’ve stuck around, thank you! If you’re new, hello!
So, a quick catch up for those who didn’t follow over to Seeking Small!
• Garret got orders to go back to England! We were elated (and a wee bit terrified)!
• On a trip to drop our dogs off with my family, we discovered I was pregnant nearly 18 months after the miscarriage. Surprise! Super excited!
• Turns out my feelings were correct…..twins! Oh my! Surprise!
• Lots of packing, move date kept getting pushed back, eventually for a total of 7 months (thanks in part to a super rough and scary pregnancy).
• March 16, 2015: Charlotte and Amelia made their arrival 5 weeks early. Rough first week, but they were perfect. Eleanor was ridiculously excited to be a big sister!
• June 2015, moved back to England.
And it’s been a whirlwind since. We lived in 3 different hotels/ short term rentals while we looked for a home and waited for it to be ready. G’s temporary schedule has been insane. And being a mama to the Twinkles? Well I don’t recommend it for the faint of heart!
So, will posting be regular? Yes. My sanity depends on carving out some time for me. I will definitely be writing about reading the KonMari books and my feelings on simplifying our home and life. I’ll also be posting about how I’m attempting to get back to me, especially when it comes to style and making time for self care. And I’m going to attempt to be brave and do some vlogging, mainly cooking (since we all know I’m passionate about food!).
I cannot wait to settle in. So feel free to grab a cup of coffee (or three) and make yourself at home. I’m so glad to be back, and cannot wait to write more!